Chartwells is committed to the environment and sustainability initiatives that enrich our student’s lives, and our communities. We:
- Champion local farmers and fair trade.
- Reduce the use of antibiotics in chicken.
- Promote farm animal welfare through the use of cage-free shell eggs as a customized solution for interested districts.
- Use dairies for milk and yogurt that do not treat cows with growth hormone.
- Choose vendors that have established standards regarding the humane treatment of animals.
- Commit to healthier oceans with sustainable seafood purchasing policies.
- Promote locally grown produce and support local farms for Chartwells partner school districts